Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors. The NHPBS web site adheres to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of your -and your children's- personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
1. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
The information gathered by NHPBS falls into two categories:
i. information voluntarily supplied by visitors to NHPBS online and
ii. tracking information routinely gathered as visitors navigate through our site.
2. In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
3. NHPBS takes seriously the need for credit card account information security. Our Web financial transaction forms are stored and served from a secure server. This means that each transaction page you view, and any information you submit from these secure pages, is encrypted on its way between computers (yours and ours). Even in the highly unlikely event that your transmission is intercepted, it will not be usable. Your peace of mind and the safeguarding of your credit card information is a top priority for NHPBS. Your credit card information is used only for your intended purpose - that is, for the purchase or contribution you wish to make.
4. We will always explain the extent of the use of your personal information at the time you are asked to provide it. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out." Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in contests.
5. NHPBS's Web server automatically collects and logs limited information about your computer's connection to the Internet when you visit our site. The information collected in these
6. All submissions to NHPBS-hosted message boards and chat rooms become property of NHPBS and may be published in whole or in part at our sole discretion.
7. Like many nonprofits, we occasionally exchange some of our donors' names and postal addresses with carefully selected nonprofit educational, cultural, health, and social service organizations. When you make an online contribution, your name and postal address will be included as eligible for an exchange. Our exchange program provides other nonprofits with only your name and postal address.
You have trusted us for many years to provide responsible and quality content for children. As we move into the cyberspace world, this trust becomes even more important to you, and to us. We believe the following promises will improve the safety, value, and enjoyment of your child's visits to our site and our affiliated sites.
We also promise to help children, their families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly. Parents and caregivers can review personal information collected from their children. We will verify their identity in response to the request.
Since we cannot be assured that links to outside sites follow our safety or privacy guidelines, we encourage adults and children to discuss these choices together. We are not responsible for the content or safety and privacy practices at any sites linked from our pages.
We want to make this site a place where families can surf together, and where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact, learn and play. If you have any comments or questions, we're happy to hear them. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at 603-868-1100, or by writing to us at NHPBS, 268 Mast Road, Durham, NH 03824.
Peter A. Frid
President & CEO
Vice President & Chief Content Officer